If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career, join the L & P team! L & P is an equal opportunity employer whose team members enjoy competitive salaries and a full benefits package. In addition to meeting specific job requirements, we seek individuals with a strong work ethic who strive to provide quality customer service and who are drug-free.
Currently, we are recruiting for the following positions:
TRUSS BUILDER | FULL-TIME | $10/hr
Description: L&P is looking for entry-level team members responsible for assembling building material components. This dedicated member will perform on one or more repetitive jobs on an assembly line under direct supervision. Currently, we have openings available for Monday - Friday, AM and PM shifts.
1. Assembles truss components such as floor and roof trusses. Processes include insertion or positioning of materials, clamping, splicing, fitting parts and use of both hand and power tools.
2. Ensures that assembled items meet specific quality specifications–may propose process improvements in order to increase the finished quality of efficiency of assembly.
3. Responds attentively to training from a supervisor or more senior assemblers in order to increase own knowledge of work processes.
4. Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in order to present injury to self or co-workers. Attends periodic safety meeting as required, may recommend changes to improve safety procedures.
5. Perform any other duties, responsibilities or tasks as assigned.
1. Minimum education preferred - High Scholl Diploma or GED.
2. Knowledge of and ability to use a variety of hand and power tools to assemble either building materials components products.
3. Manual dexterity.
4. Knowledge of safety procedures while performing assembly tasks.
5. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instruction.
6. Ability to read and understand simple diagrams or blueprints.
Other: Temperatures will vary. Dusty and noisy environment when operating machines and tools. Ear protection required when exposed to noise for an extended period of time. Eye protection required at all times. Overtime work could be involved. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. frequently, and on occasion, up to 100 lbs.
Contact Roman Moreno at (575) 527-8014 or email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in person at 101 N. Archuleta Rd., Las Cruces, NM 88005
To apply for a position in Las Cruces, complete an application at 101. N. Archuleta
Or contact Denise McConnell at
Phone: (575) 527-8000
Fax: (575) 647-1724